3.01.2005

Mister Jinxy Does London

Renown world traveler and graffiti paparazzo extraordinaire Mister Jinxy sends these from London:

"OK, the first one I have no idea who or what it says. I've included a second close-up of the one piece of graffiti. I think the other one says 'Fuck Capitalism.'
Not sure.



"It was along the Thames River and I just like how "Hammersmith" sounds.
Reminds me of Motorhead. Or maybe The Clash.

"The second one is facing Parliament from Nelson's Column at Trefalgar Square. If you look on the left hand side of the street you can see Big Ben in the background.



"The third one is in the bathroom of a pub called 'The Leicester Square.' Over and over it said 'Tony IS (NOT!) gay. Tony IS (NOT!) gay!' I'm sorry, but if someone prints your name up there and says that you're gay, do you think no one will notice if you put in 'not' as a caveat?



"The last one is self explanatory."



Starring
tonite
Anarchy

7 comments:

Deek Deekster said...

8ZERO8 - it doesn't say 'Fuck Capitalism' - that's SAXOE's tag. Tagging is not strictly grafitti, it's just someone's 'I Was Here'

Re: Tony is (NOT) Gay. This famous grafitti is everywhere. Poor (NOT GAY) Tony. But, it's NOT in a pub bathroom. You cannot have a bath in any pub, unless you dunk yourself in the stinking urinals or stand in the lavatory bowl. It's a toilet, or more accurately still, a BOG. Only in America do people piss in the bath.

Yours informatively, Deek.

Blog ho said...

Jinxy has the coolest job...so it would seem.

8ZERO8 said...

Deek, I think Mr Jinxy was refering to the other graffiti in the photo -- the blownup picture to the left of SAXOE. The first word is obscured but the second does look like capatilism.

Thanks for cluing us in on the Tony is (NOT) gay and the Bog. I had no idea.

Vance Jefferson said...

Lemmy IS the Man.
Whiteman in Hammersmith Palais, yo.

As I spent much of my recent trip pooping and peeing, I had to ask where the bathroom was from the local constabulary on many occasions. I know it would have been "Hip" to ask for the "WC" or the "toilet", but I couldn't help myself from asking for the bathroom just to see the look of consternation that rose to their faces.

I bow to Deek's superior wisdom of his own city. Good on him. It's a great town, and the women are BE-utiful. But I don't see him posting pics of the rampant graffiti there...

So how do you like that, JACK!

Deek Deekster said...

I do post graffiti, one of which is on this site see here

Also, a bathroom is a room with a bath. "BOG" is correct London parlance for the piss-and-shit-and-do-drugs room kindly provided by hostelries and made available for the use of our foreign visitors.

Amo Del Agave said...

What about the loo then?

Anonymous said...

The loo is acceptable but a little coarse.

Personally I like the more polite parlance and call it "the shitter"